Is optimizing labor really code for finding ways to cut labor hours across stores?
The most successful retailers treat labor optimization as a science that is based on:
- Understanding and quantifying work
- Eliminating waste or work that does not add value
- Establishing accurate labor budgets that are store, department and time specific
- Scheduling teammates to perform the right tasks at the right time
- And having metrics in place to ensure that improving efficiency does not come at the expense of customer satisfaction, safety and employee morale
This article also appears on LinkedIn – click here to read it and follow Rick Schlenker.